|Build as a
result of a rapid increase in enrollment during the 1960's, the building provided
additional classroom and office space and two lecture halls. The Mathematics
department, Industrial Administration, and Dean of Science and Humanities originally
occupied the building. In 1966, the building was named Carver Hall to honor George Washington Carver, a student and instructor at the
college before 1900.