|Agriculture Hall, as it was first called, was originally planned to be built
100 feet west of current place, but the plans were changed after opposition to placing a
building in the center of the beautiful campus lawn was voiced.
The building was renamed Curtiss Hall in 1947 for Charles F. Curtiss,
long-time Dean of Agriculture. In 1995, an agricultural high-tech classroom was built
within the building, called the Brenton Center for Agricultural Instruction and Technology