WOMEN'S ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION
The Women's Athletic Association was organized in fall 1905, incorporating three sports clubs-basketball, tennis, and field hockey. The Association was directed by a council comprising the Captain and manager of each team, four women faculty members, and the Head of the Women's Physical Education Department. Medals were awarded for participation in sports. Any woman who had been awarded three medals received the "official A" which could be worn only on a letter sweater.